Match Time: Saturday 11:00 A.M. Eastern US, 6:00 P.M (Italy time). GMT + 1
Match Location: Allianz Stadium, Turin, Italy.
Serie A is back, so it’s Milan time rossoneri! AC Milan will face Juventus in a match valid for the 31th fixture of Serie A. After the disappointing draw against Udinese, Milan needs a win to stay in the race for the first four places, a battle that is becoming ever tighter, given that before this round only four points separate the teams from the fourth to the eight spot, with Atalanta behind Milan by one point.
In the other side, the unstoppable Juventus is getting closer and closer to the eighth consecutive championship (35th official) in Serie A and is still unbeaten at home this season (13 wins, 2 draws). Eight of the home victories saw the Bianconeri not concede, yet when Juve beat AC Milan’s rivals in the last five direct matches played here, only one of those victories was “zero”.
Meanwhile, Milan with only one defeat in the last nine away games in the league (4 wins, 4 draws, 1 defeat), will have his chances, even if they won only one of the seven SA games in which they played away and it was a hit by bookmakers this season (1 win, 3 draws, 3 defeats).
However, Rino Gattuso spoke on the prematch conference:
- About the mentality: “We are working towards a single objective which is to qualify to Champions League. We have a great opportunity against Juventus if we put in a good performance. If we are able to get a good result against Juve it can give us a good mental boost and I think that the game comes at the right time.”
- About the lineup: “We tried different tactics and right now we have to field the team which gives us more assurances on the pitch.”
- About the difficult moment: “AC Milan have always bounced back in times of difficulty. Some way or another we always find a way to set things right.”
- About Rino’s state of mind: “I have a strong desire to achieve our objective and also for the team to clinch the fourth place, in order to qualify for Champions League, this is my current state of mind.”
- About Juventus: “We respect Juventus for all they have achieved in recent years, also because they were capable of overcoming their difficulties. I hope we are able to overcome ours in the same way.”
Further, it seems that Rino Gattuso will change to the usual 4-3-3 lineup, because of Paquetà injury, Rino has very few alternatives. This time Kessié and Suso will be playing from the first minute, after their recent injuries, Bakayoko will replace Biglia, Reina will replace Donnarumma and Çalhanoglu will play as a midfielder. There is the possibility also that Borini starts from the beginning as a left winger, but Castillejo is also prepared to be called up in that position.
Moreover, Cristiano Ronaldo and Chiellini will not play against Milan, because of some physical problems but we’ll need to keep an eye particularly on Moise Kean who is the biggest revelation of the bianconeri recently, scoring four goals in the last four games of SA. Overall, Juventus is a big team with great players, it will be difficult match.
In conclusion, it’s time to react and reaching a good results against Juve will give the guys the right mental boost to deal in the best way the rest of the season, to put aside the recent problems in order to get the Champions League spot objective closer. We must respect our opponent, play focused in order to win this match. Our guys can do it. Forza Ragazzi!