Match Time: Monday 1:30 P.M Eastern US, 8:30 P.M (Italy time). GMT + 1
Match Location: Stadio San Siro, Milan, Italy.
Serie A it’s back rossoneri! This time our Milan will face Bologna in a match valid for the 35th fixture of Serie A. The road to Europe has become a rock wall for Milan, after a sequence that sees only one victory in seven Serie A (SA) matches (1 win, 2 draws, 4 defeats). Nevertheless, the first four positions are still only three points away, and the visiting team is Bologna, a team that won only one of the last 18 direct matches with the ‘Rossoneri’ (5 draws, 12 defeats).
The decline in Milan’s performance coincided with the poor defensive performance. Milan suffered more than 30% (ten) of goals (33) only during the last seven games of the SA, keeping the clean sheet only once. On the contrary, the 27 previous matches in the league had seen nine occasions when Milan had not conceded a single goal!
Meanwhile, Bologna is Serie A’s best team watching their last eight games (6 wins, 1 draw, 1 defeat). In this period the team of the capital of Emilia has scored more than 45% (17) of its seasonal goals in Serie A (37), at the same time suffering just over 16% (eight) of goals conceded seasonal total (48).
Further, Rino Gattuso spoke in the prematch conference:
- About Bologna: “It is a team that is doing well, since Sinisa has arrived they have been traveling very fast. We can also play against the strongest in the world, but we have a duty to play our game vigorously to show that we are still alive” .
- About the standings: “You need ambition, you can see it in your face. In the European semi-finals you can see the pride that causes that jingle. For a long time we played it, now we are in a negative period. We must have the ambition to ask ourselves if we are giving everything, we must look at the faces of those who play that kind of games “.
- About the moment: “I did something I didn’t want to do, but there are rules to be respected. In times of difficulty, we need to understand in what environment we are and what kind of shirt we wear. It seemed to me that we were not with our heads, these days have strengthened us. To say that we are in difficulty is different from saying that the coach has no grit or does not believe anymore. Things have to be told in the face. We’re not just 25 players, we’re all together“.
- About how to keep the locker room under control: “Of the nights out I don’t care, there are days when the players can go out. What interests me is how the players train, in my private life I am not a carabiniere(cop) . I used to enjoy myself. I respected the rules and trained professionally “.
- About how to face the last season games: “I expect a big game. Only those who have no heart do not make a vigorous game. We stayed five days here, for some it was hard because he wasn’t used to it“
The team training at Milanello. Credits to acmilan
Moreover, regarding the lineup, because Romagnoli got expelled against Torino, Zapata will start. Then it seems that Milan will play with a 4-2-3-1, also because of Calabria and Conti got injured, Abate will start as right back, then at midfield Kessié will play alongside Biglia, then Paquetà as CAM, Suso and Hakan as wingers and in front Piatek.
In conclusion, the team has the obligation to bounce back and give their best, we still have a little possibility to qualify to Champions League but we need a victory if we want to have still a chance. We must respect our opponent, play focused in order to win this match. Our guys can do it. Forza Ragazzi!
MILAN (4-2-3-1): G. Donnarumma; Abate, Musacchio, Zapata, Rodriguez; Kessié, Biglia; Suso, Paquetà, Çalhanoglu; Piatek. Coach: Gattuso.
BOLOGNA (4-2-3-1): Skorupski; Calabresi, Danilo, Lyanco, Dijks; Poli, Pulgar; Orsolini, Svanberg, Sansone; Palacio. Coach: Mihajlovic.